Bruce Temkin published a good summary of his six laws of customer experience as visualization#. The laws are:
- Every interaction creates a personal reaction
- People are instinctively self-centered
- Customer familiarity breeds alignment
- Unengaged employees don't create engaged customers
- Employees do what is measured, incented, and celebrated
- You can't fake it
The first three are more externally relationship-focused, while the rest are more about the inner workings of organizational culture.
Bottom line: know your customers, use empathy to understand what they want to get done, help them solve problem, focus on serving customers and share their feedback with the organization.
You can automate all you want — it still takes people to make it work.
Valeria is an experienced listener. She designs service and product experiences to help businesses rediscover the value of promises and its effects on relationships and culture. She is also frequent speaker at conferences and companies on a variety of topics. Book her to speak here.